In the 1930’s and 1940’s a new whooping crane breeding ground in texas was discovered, which contained about 25 whooping cranes. their numbers started to steadily climb in the 1960’s and 70’s. in 1980, there were 75 individuals reported, and by 2000, there were 150 reported. if their population growth continued at the same rate and the population is not limited by any carrying capacity due to the environment, based on the population values in 1980 and 2000, how many whooping cranes would you predict to see by 2040?
The right answer is 600.
Explanation: The rate of population increase is 100 % increase every 20 years which means it is doubling every 20 years based on population values in 1980 and 2000.
So to calculate the population multiply the population with 2 for every 20 year passed.
1980: 75 individuals
2000: 150 individuals
2020: 300 individuals
2040: 600 individuals
1. B. bones
2. B. Ferns grow in every environment.
3. A. Adaptation to different food sources
4. A. Natural selection.
5. D. Too many plants in a small area competed for nutrients.
6. D. The mice could not hide from predators.
7. C. The genes of some kinds of bacteria make them resistant to antibiotics.
8. B. Being able to run very fast.
9. D. Lack of rain interrupted the life cycle of the toads.
10. B. The cricket produces few offspring with no new traits and changes its diet.
11. About 13 major island exist in the Galapagos island and all have diverse and unique species and made his theory on there behavior and adaptation patterns.
Hopefully some of these will help!!!