Why do farmers use artificial selection?
the process whereby organisms better adapted to their environment tend to survive and produce more offspring. The theory of its action was first fully expounded by Charles Darwin and is now believed to be the main process that brings about evolution.
The correct answer is A. Breed a cow that produces large quantities of milk with a bull that comes from a line of cattle with long lifespans.
Explanation: This answer makes the most since and it shows the use of artificial selection. Artificial selection is when humans breed selectively to develop certain traits they are looking for or want in an animal. (I took the test and this was the correct answer.)
Have a nice day! :)
1. the exploitation of biological processes for industrial and other purposes, especially the genetic manipulation of microorganisms for the production of antibiotics, hormones, and more.
2. While the three main forms of biotechnology are medical, agricultural and industrial sometimes called "red," "green" and "white" biotechnologies, respectively, there are many different types of biotechnology, some of which fall outside the scope of these three main fields and some of which combine multiple types.
3. Genetic engineering is the process of using recombinant DNA rDNA technology to alter the genetic makeup of an organism. Genetic engineering involves the direct manipulation of one or more genes.
4. The only difference is that clones don't require a sperm and egg to come together to make an embryo. Clone embryos are made by using a whole cell or cell nucleus from a donor animal and fusing it to an egg cell that's had its nucleus removed.
5. Dog breeding is another prime example of artificial selection. For example, broccoli, cauliflower, and cabbage were all derived from the wild mustard plant through selective breeding. Artificial selection appeals to humans since it is faster than natural selection and allows humans to mold organisms to their needs.
6. These products help treat and prevent diseases. From the Ebola vaccine to mapping human DNA to agricultural impacts, medial biotechnology is making huge advancements and helping millions of people. Some of the most recent uses of biological tech is work in genetic testing, drug treatments, and artificial tissue growth
7. The primary biotech crops grown in the United States are corn, cotton, and soybeans, but also canola, squash, papaya, alfalfa, and sugarbeet. A record 15.4 million farmers in 29 countries are using agricultural biotechnology. Ninety percent 14.4 million of these are resource-poor farmers in developing countries.
8. The purely social and political dangers of genetic engineering include the possibility of increased economic inequality accompanied by an increase in human suffering, and the possibility of large-scale eugenic programmes and totalitarian control over human lives.
9. benefit of cloning. It can help prevent the extinction of species. It can help increase food production. It can help couples who want to have children.
risk of cloning. The process is not entirely safe and accurate. It is regarded as unethical, and the probability of abuse is very high. The offspring lack genetic uniqueness.
10. benefit: It will allow needed traits to be produced quickly and effectively
risk: It may lead to a lack of variety in plant or animal species
Explanation: hope this helped
1) Fiches,different beaks
2) Natural selection
3) The origin of species
4) Natural selection is chosen by nature according to who has the better genes
Trait: Smaller seeds, larger fruit, thinner skin
People breed plants to gain desired produce with more yield. After years of genetic nurturing, the perfect bananas were created with smaller seeds, larger sizes, and an offspring with greater abundance for maximum profit.
Trait: Smaller size
Chihuahuas are a great example of artificial selection in a domesticated animal because over time people successfully breaded different dogs to acquire the size of the chihuahua.
I think (a ) is right because if we breed a cow that produces large quantities of milk with a bull then only we get an artificial hybrid
the answer is C: the production of pesticide-resistant potatoes.
just took the test
the answer is d
The understanding of evolutionary processes has helped the scientist in the field of artificial selection.
Artificial selection is the intentional breeding of plants and animals. It means the same thing as selective breeding and is an ancient method of genetic engineering. Selective breeding is a technique used when breeding domesticated animals such as dogs, pigeons and cattle. Thoroughbred racehorses are the one such example of artificial selection of animals.The meats we eat are the result of careful selective breeding of cows, sheeps and chicken.
The breeding of plants and animals to produce desirable traits. Organism with the desired traits such as size or taste are artificially mated or cross pollinated with the organisms with the similar desired traits.
Hope this helps :)
Why do farmers use artificial selection?