Hope this helps!
There are certain defined characteristics of life that are shared by all living organisms ranging from smallest bacteria to the largest living organism and without these characteristics there will be no life.
The following are the characteristics that define a living organism:
1. All living organisms are made up of cells.
2. The living organisms have various levels of organisation.
3. There is utilisation of energy by the living organisms.
4. The living organisms have the ability to respond to the environment around them.
5. The living organisms have the ability to grow and to develop.
6. The living organism have the ability to reproduce and give rise ot new individuals so as to maintain continuity.
7. The living organisms have the ability to adapt according to their environment so as to survive better.
the answer for this is characteristics
the answer is characteristics
The correct answer will be characteristic feature of life.
Biologists has tried to distinguish the living beings from non-living beings and developed a list of characters. These features include cellular organization, reproduction, metabolism, homeostasis, sensitivity to the environment, heredity and growth.
The first characteristic of life is cellular organisation then reproduction to produce offspring and then metabolism and others. These features are not found in the non-living material like fire, air and many others.
Thus, characteristic feature is the correct answer.
Hope this helps :)