1. which of the following would most likely occur under the u. s. patriot act? (1 point)
the government intensifies new citizenship requirements.
the government conducts internet and telephone surveillance.
the government trains civilians in counterterrorism strategies.
the government deploys more troops to the middle east.
2. which of the following is part of the “pivot to asia” strategy?
3. which factor best shows why the demand for dotcom stocks created an unstable economic situation?
low inflation led investors to buy more shares than necessary.
the demand for subprime mortgages increased at the same time.
investors drove prices higher than the worth of the stock.
large companies like google controlled too much market share.
4. which example best shows how congressional republicans wanted to reduce government spending?
refusing to vote for any federal tax increases
refusing to vote in favor of raising the debt ceiling
demanding remaining troops in afghanistan be brought home
demanding fannie mae lower interest rates on loans
5. what was the purpose of the kepler mission?
to search the milky way galaxy for new planets
to study our solar system for signs of life
to investigate how mars was formed
to examine samples of martian soil for life
6. which factor best explains the rise in greenhouse gases that has contributed to climate change?
the development of biotechnology
the chemicals found in devices like smartphones
the increased use of pesticides on crops
the burning of fossil fuels
7. which of the following best shows the impact of biotechnology?
reducing the spread of disease
mapping the human genome
developing social network websites
developing clean energy sources
8. how can 3d imaging best be used to make medical advances? (1 point)
3d images can show which medicine is best to treat a disease.
3d images can transmit nerve signals throughout the body.
3d images can create implants to use in bodies.
3d images can show workings of the body in greater detail.
9. which of these positions swayed many voters to support senator barack obama’s presidential campaign?
his calls for change and his promise to end the war in iraq
his experience in solving problems in the economy
his support of the wars in iraq and afghanistan
his tough stance on illegal immigration
1. The government conducts Internet and telephone surveillance.
The patriot act allows the government to intercept emails and phone calls between individuals and companies.
2. forming partnerships
Pivot to Asia represents a significant shift in american politics. Many say that by keeping many allies in different places, the USA can keep China busy with a divided attention.
3. Investors drove prices higher than the worth of the stock.
It's the usual. When the demand is high, the prices go up.
4. refusing to vote in favor of raising the debt ceiling
If the debt ceiling doesn't go up, spending has to stop eventually.
5. to search the Milky Way galaxy for new planets
Kepler was meant to find earth-sized planets in the habitable zone.
6. the burning of fossil fuels
The vast majority of anthropogenic carbon dioxide emissions come from combustion of fossil fuels, principally coal, oil, and even natural gas.
7. mapping the human genome
The other answers aren't about bio technology as much as Reducing the spread of disease, which is not the most impressive of the answers, and mapping the human genome. Something so complex and full of mysteries is the best suited to be the answer.
8. 3D images can show workings of the body in greater detail.
Not only they can show working body in greater details, that can be used is so many different ways for important surgery and many other procedures.
9. his calls for change and his promise to end the war in Iraq
Definitely, Obama wasn't the economy problem solving guy and he did want to bring the troops back home. Also, he didn't ever had a strong position against immigration. He did say many times that we should end the Iraq war.