1. what was the initial cause of the cuban missile crisis?
2. how did the united states discover the nuclear missile construction sites?
3. how was the crisis eventually resolved?
4. how close was the convoy to the blockade on that fateful day?
5. what were the terms of the agreement resolved the missile crisis?
2) US spy planes discover the missile sites that were under construction
3) The US and Soviets played chicken when soviets ships were getting close the US blockade that was around the island
B Soviet nuclear missile sites in Cuba
Placement of MRBM on Cuban soil
Cuban Missile Crisis was triggered by the Soviet placement of MRBM (Medium Range Ballistic Missile) on Cuban soil, capable of reaching the majority of the continental United States.
This placement of MRBM would render most, if not all US anti-missile system useless, due to its closeness to the mainland US (thus smaller time frame to react).
This placement itself was a countermove by the Soviets. Before, the US had placed its own MRBM on Italy and Turkey, rendering the Soviets' own anti-missile system useless.
In the end, the aftermath of the Cuban Missile Crisis saw the Soviets and the US moving back their MRBMs.
The answer is C
right on odyssey ware
The answer is D. Cold War tensions were at their height, especially because of the Cuban Missile Crisis.
- Can confirm, just took the test and got 100%
U2 spy planes saw missiles being built in Cuba.
It began when the Soviet Union (USSR) began building missile sites in Cuba in 1962. Together with the earlier Berlin Blockade, this crisis is seen as one of the most important confrontations of the Cold War. ... In October 1962, American ships blocked Soviet ships carrying missiles from going into Cuba.
2. how did the united states disco...