Probate Matter in Clearwater, Pinellas County Florida
Please answer the following questions in regards to the scenario provided below:
1.What does Jasmine need to do in regards to being questioned on the death of Aladdin since the police don’t think it was an accident, how can she protect herself?
2.Is the Will of Aladdin’s valid since it was hand written and Simba was the only one to witness it?
3.How can Jasmine override the Will and become the personal representative if the Will is or not Valid. What documents does she need to file with the Court in order to become the personal representative of the decedents estate?
4.What documents should Jasmine prepare in order to protect herself, her assets and her family?
5.How does Scar take control and receive a majority of Jasmine’s assets in order to take care of her younger brothers?
6.How does request government assistance for Apu since he has autism? What documents does she need to file with the court?
I met with new client, Jasmine. Jasmine was married to Aladdin in January of 2012. Aladdin passed away on December 31, 2016 in a magic carpet accident. Jasmine says that Police don’t think it was an accident and were questioning her, Genie (Jasmine’s ex-husband), and each of her children.
Aladdin had one minor child of his own, Oscar, and there were no children of the marriage. Jasmine has two minor sons, Apu and Momo, from a prior marriage with Genie. Jasmine also has an adopted son, Scar, who is 25. Scar attended the meeting too. Aladdin was also survived by his brothers, Donald and Dusty.
Aladdin had a will that was signed in 2011 where he left all of his assets to his best friend, Simba. The will was handwritten and signed in the presence of one witness, Simba. Simba was also named the personal representative.
On his date of death, Aladdin owned the following assets:
- His primary residence located at 123 Disney Dr., Orlando, FL, in his name alone, with a fair market value of $250,000.
- MetLife insurance policy with no beneficiary designation with a pay-out at death of $500,000.
- A joint bank account with Jasmine with a value of $50,000.
- A rental home in North Carolina owned jointly with Jasmine with a value of $250,000.
- A vacation home in North Carolina in his name alone located at 111 Valley View Dr., Wilson, North Carolina with a value of $300,000.
- A bank account in his name alone with a value of $50,000.
- A magic carpet collection with a value of $1,000,000.
Jasmine has the following assets in her name alone:
- A rental house located at 321 Mikey Way, Celebration Springs, Florida with a value of $250,000.
- A rental house located at 888 Mountain View Way Utah Springs, Utah.
- A 401(k) with a current value of $2,000,000.
- I like insurance policy with a death benefit of $250,000.
Scar requested that he be in control and receive a majority of Jasmine’s assets to take care of his younger brothers. Jasmine did not say anything in response other than that Apu has autism and may require government assistance.
Herе's link tо thе аnswer:
the primary areas president johnson's great society addressed were poverty, civil rights, and health care.
the great society was a program in us which was under the president johnson lyndon .the main objective of this program was to eradicate poverty and eliminate racial discrimination. in order to implement this he set up aside funds which were sent to the communities which were struggling with poverty. these funds catered for illiteracy and unemployment.