In the following probability distribution, the random variable x represents the number of activities a parent of a 6th- to 8th grade student is through (f) below pix) 0.244 0.218 0.77 0211 0.150 the mean is activities type an integer or a decimal. which of the following interpretations of the mean is correct? 0 a. the observed value of an expenment will be less than the mean of the random van abe in most experiments. o b. as the number of experiments increases, the mean of the observations will approach the mean of the random variable. ° c. the observed value of an experiment will be equal to the mean of the random variable in most experiments o d. as the number of experiments decreases, the mean of the observations will approach the mean of the random variable (d) compute the standard deviation of the random vanable x the standard deviation is activities round to one decimal place as needed) (e) what is the probability that a randomly selected student has a parent involved in three activities? the probability is type an integer or a decimal )
1. The parameter refers to the entire population
The statistics refers to a sample
2. only a sample will be inspected
3. No only 99.7%
4. A student t distribution with spread = σ/√n
5. The mean is less variable than single observations from the population
6. The distribution of the mean call length x becomes approximately normal distributed
1. The parameter refers to numbers that summarize the data of the entire population while;
The statistics refers to the numbers that summarize the data for a subset of the population or of a sample
2. No only a sample will be inspected
3. No he expects 99.7% to function within three standard deviations of the mean
4. The distribution of the sample average will be the student t distribution curve with spread = σ/√n
5, The mean comprises a collection of variables from the sample, hence it is less variable than single observations from the population
6. According to the Central Limit Theorem, the distribution of the mean call length x from large samples of calls becomes more and more approximately normal as the size of the sample approaches that of the population.
Mean is the average and median divides data into two equal parts.
We have to state the difference between mean and median.
Median = The value that divides data into two equal parts.
If there are n number of observations and the data is arranged in ascending or descendin order, then,
Basically, mean is the average of the data and median is the value that divides the data into two equal parts. Mean does not divide the data into two halves like the median.
A mean is affected by the outliers where as median being a position based description is not affected by the outlier.