2. Common denominator is 10 of these 2 fractions.
3. We don't need to change the 7/10 fraction because the denominator is already 10.
4. To make 1/2 have a denominator of 10, we need to times the top and bottom by the same number. To get 10 from 2, we have to times it by 5. Therefore, to change the top, we need to times it also by 5
5. 1 x 5 = 5
6. Add the two fractions together: 5/10 + 7/10 = 12/10
7. Simplify the expression. This is currently a top heavy fraction aka. improper fraction. To make it 'proper' we need to change it into a mixed number. To do this, we see how many of the bottom number goes into the top. In this case it is 1 with 2 left over. So the final fraction is...
Hope this helps :)
2 three sevenths
The given function is
We need to determine the reflection of f(x) over the x - axis
Reflection over x - axis:
The translation rule to reflect over the x - axis is given by
Thus, applying the rule, the function becomes
Multiplying both sides of the equation by -1, we have;
This can be written as
Hence, the reflection of the function over the x - axis is
Thus, Option A is the correct answer.
g(x) = –...