x = -2
So here we are to calculate the value of x.
-6x - 12 = 6x + 12
Subtract 6x from both sides
-12x - 12 = 12
Add 12 to both sides;
-12x = 24
Divide both sides by -12
x = -2
2. "Adams supported efforts to promote the growth of businesses, while Jackson supported efforts to help the ordinary man" is an accurate comparison of Adams and Jackson. The correct option is option "A".
3. "Some felt he had used his power inappropriately in vetoing legislation to recharter the Bank" and this was the reason that the cartoon, from the Bank War in 1832, portray President Jackson as a king. The correct option is option "B".
4. "John C. Calhoun" was President Jackson's vice president that led the resistance to the Tariff of 1828. You have chosen correctly as "B" to be the right option.
5. "South Carolina passed the Nullification Act, which canceled the tariff outright" is the statement that best explains how the conflict over the Tariff of 1828 was resolved. The correct option is option "C".
South Carolina passed the nullification Act which canceled the tariff outright
6, How did John Calhoun react to the tariff of 1828
He used his power as vice president to influence President Jackson to oppose the tariff
7, What trend can you find in the United States early years?
A gradual weakening of the federal government's power
8, How did the Indian removal Act of 1830 Go against the Worcester vs Georgia ruling
It was a law banning native American groups from owning land with in the borders of any us state
#21. 44 degrees #23. 30 degrees
Step-by-step explanation: The full triangle equals 180 degrees that's a fact. In #21 we have to find the value of x. To do so we add up all the phrases in the triangle and make the equal to 180, then you get x+-7 and you substitute -7 for x to get 44 degrees as your answer.
For #23 we see a linear pair with the angle that equals 130 degrees so we know the blank angle to the left will equal 50 degrees. the angle that equals 8x+4 is a vertical angle to the angle above so that angle also equals 8x+4 and knowing all the measures of the triangles we can add up the degrees to equal 180 degrees as we did in #21. we get that x=12 and we substitute 12 in for x in the phrase 3x-6 to get that the angle equals 30
The Tripartite Pact is signed by Germany, Italy, and Japan. On this day in 1940, the Axis powers are formed as Germany, Italy, and Japan become allies with the signing of the Tripartite Pact in Berlin.Nov 5, 2009
"The interview would last 10 minutes, 15 max. The questions to be asked would have to be submitted in advance. And one would have to be about a travel insurance agency that is sponsoring Nadal . . . But, wait, there was more. The subsequent story would have to carry a tagline at the end noting Nadal's involvement with the sponsor."
(x+3)/2x+5 + (3x-5)/(3x+5)
LCM = ( 2x+5)( 3x+5)
[( x+3)( 3x+5) + ( 3x -5)( 2x+5)]/( 2x+5)( 3x+5)
= (3x^2 + 5x +9 x +15 + 6x^2 + 15x -10x -25)/( 2x+5)( 3x+5)
=( 9 x^2 + 19x -10)/( 2x +5)(3x+5)
1. In response to her findings on leadership preparation and these recurring stories, Roselinde Torres "travelled to different parts of the world to learn about effective and ineffective leadership practices in companies, countries, and non-profit organisations." She also went as far as South Africa to study how "Nelson Mandela anticipated and navigated his political, social ,and economic context," as a one-time president of that country.
3. The three questions are:
a) "Where are you looking to anticipate the next change to your business model or your life? "What people and activities surround you? Are you aware of the potential discontinuities that can cause changes in your business or life? It is also important to know your preparedness for change, because "change is constant," and remains the best friend of time, which waits for no man.
b) "What is the diversity measure of your personal and professional stakeholder network?" Do you have the capacity to develop relationships with people who are different from you? Networking in a diverse manner can help one to identify higher level patterns than that provided by limited world views. Some people only survive within their limited circles, because they are afraid to venture out into the wider world to embrace others. But, changes do happen and they do happen with global impact. So, it is important to think globally while acting locally.
c) "Are you courageous enough to abandon a practice that has made you successful in the past?" Are you stuck with the past or do you embrace change or even pioneer change? Past performance is not a good predictor of future results. Can you be daring enough to be different from your parents and forefathers. Paraphrasing Nelson Mandela, "hatred is learnt, but love is inbuilt." Do you allow love to propel your decisions and reactions?
4. I feel that the most important question to ask when working towards becoming a great leader in the cosmetology field is "What is the diversity measure of your personal and professional stakeholder network?
" This question becomes necessary in view of the interpersonal and creativity skills required by a cosmetologist. A good cosmetologist must develop relationships with people who are different from herself in order to maintain high level customer patronage. Creativity is also powered by and depicted in diversity. The great creator of the universe started it, by creating diverse things in their different kinds and species. So, are you ready to embrace diversity in your workers and customers? Or is your business model parochially niched?
5. According to Torres, "traditional development practices lead to outdated superhero thinking" that makes it hard to develop leaders for the future generations because a truly great and fully developed leader builds leaders who will take over from him or her. Leaders are not super-heros. Some are not born. Many more are made by time, place, and circumstance.
In cosmetology, there is no way that the leader will work alone. Many other cosmetologists and non-professional hands will be employed to meet customer demands. It is therefore important that the leader in this field seeks to develop others to assist her in the work and to improve the level of services she has already developed. A leader is not a ruler. A true leader leads people into the future while a ruler is concerned with the present short-term benefits.
a) Good leaders, according to Torres, "are the ones who go against the norm and actually build up the emotional stamina to push forward with change, despite the adversity of others." “Great leaders dare to be different," in their thoughts, choices, styles, and actions.
b) Cosmetology is the study and application of beauty treatments, including hair styling, skin care, cosmetics, manicures/pedicures, and permanent or non-permanent hair removal.
c) Many thanks to ted.com/talks/roselinde_torres_what_it_takes_to_be_a_great_leader/discussion and thecoachingroom.com.au/blog/being-an-effective-leader-in-the-21st-century, where most of the materials were gleaned for the research.
4. John C. Calhoun of South Carolina was Jackson's Vice President and strongly opposed the Tariff of 1828.
5. You had the right idea but the correct answer is Henry Clay proposed a compromise tariff that eventually eased tensions, he proposed a compromise because the Nullification Act happened but the Nullification Act did not cancel the tariff outright.
6. John Calhoun was the one who brought about the idea of Nullification which meant that states had the right to cancel any federal law deemed unconstitutional.
4375 pizzas have to sell to breakeven.
If we sell pizzas for $11.99 and our business' variable costs are 60% of the selling price, and we have fixed costs of $21,000 each month.
Now, to find pizzas to sell to breakeven.
Fixed costs = $21,000.
Sale price = $11.99.
60% of the selling price.
Now, to get the number of pizzas to sell to breakeven we put formula:
Breakeven = Fixed Costs ÷ (Sale price – Variable costs )
Therefore, 4375 pizzas have to sell to breakeven.