i haven't really gone through deep depression, but i do go through major mood swings. here are some things to .
1. reach out and stay connected
suport is essential while going through depression. it is something that you can't go through yourself. staying connected will get you to stay at the surface of life and you not give up on life. you can use face-time, join depression support groups, keep up with social activities- even if you don't feel like it-,
2. do things that make you feel good.
you can't force yourself to have fun but you can force yourself to do things that you enjoy. once you're out in the world you feel a lot better. express yourself, go out with friends, join a club, etc.
3. support your health.aim for 8 hours of sleep- depression typically involves sleep problems.keep stress in check- stress prolongs and worsens depression, but it can also trigger it. by figuring out all the things that stress you out, you can eliminate them, leaving life a bit easier and more worthwhile.
4. relax- here are some relaxing activities.spend time with naturelist what you like about yourselfread a good bookwatch a movie (or two)do something spontaneoustake a long, hot bathtake care of a few small taskslisten to music
5. get moving
even though getting out of bed could be the most horrible thing you could possibly do ( other than talking to people) during depression, moving around and getting out can really . your mood and fatigue will improve if you exercise.
6. maintain a healthy depression diet.
don't skip meals. minimize sugars and refined carbs. boost your b vitamins. eat foods rich in omega-3 fatty acids.
there are so many more ways you can fight depression yourself but here are a few to .